Re: [TCLUG:7714] easy shutdown

> Is it possible to use a different keycode? -- I'd like to keep the
> control-alt-delete be a reboot. How do I do this? man inittab shows
> that crtlaltdel is a specific action, so I can't just change it to
> ctrlaltins (for insert?), can I?

Here's something from the inittab(5) man page:

       kbrequest
              The process will be executed when init  receives  a
              signal from the keyboard handler that a special key
              combination was pressed on the console keyboard.

              The documentation for this function is not complete
              yet;  more  documentation  can be found in the kbd-
              x.xx packages (most recent was kbd-0.94 at the time
              of  this  writing).  Basically you want to map some
              keyboard  combination   to   the   "KeyboardSignal"
              action.  For  example,  to map Alt-Uparrow for this
              purpose use the following in your keymaps file:

              alt keycode 103 = KeyboardSignal

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   "There are lies, damned