Re: [TCLUG:7646] CD-R

Chris Kesler wrote:

> > I hope you recycle when you're done with them.  I do. Please do your part
> > for the environment.
> >

> That's a great idea.  How can I recycle unwanted CDs?  Who takes them?

No one that I know of.  The plastic isn't considered recyclable AFAIK
since it's doped with cyanine or phthalocyanine.  Leaching cyanide is
generally a water based process, though I don't know if that works on
Lexan.  I'd bet that ends up being worse for the environment than
letting it remain in the inert CD-Rs.  "TANSTAAFL" ("There Ain't No Such
Thing As A Free Lunch" -- Robert A. Heinlein, "The Moon Is A Harsh
Mistress.")