Re: [TCLUG:7783] Autoconf/automake

  Hi,

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, John R. Sheets wrote:

> This is most likely the problem.  You need to have the GNU gettext
> library installed, for internationalization.  Just grab the latest
> version off of a GNU mirror, or rpmfind, or whatever.

Yup, that worked fine.

The problem with rpmfind now is it seems to find me nothing but glibc2
stuff... I had to DL it and, like autoconf/automake, install in BOTH /usr
and /usr/local.

Maybe it's time to reinstall from scratch rather than upgrading... this
used to be Red Hat 4.2 when I installed it. Travelled between 3
continents, 4 HDDs and countless machines...

-Yaron