updatedb troubles

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with locate and updatedb on the server I installed
here at work. Basically, the database gets destroyed or something every
night, so I have to run updatedb once a day manually before I want to find
something. This is pretty strange... Maybe the cron job that's supposed to
update the database every night is actually somehow deleting it? Anyone
know why this could be? I'm running slackware 4.0, if that helps.

Thanks,

Luke