Re: [TCLUG:7874] Mouse pointer freezes

On 25 Aug, Mandar Vaze wrote:
> Hi,
> Whenever I try to use my machine after it goes into
> screen saver mode the mouse pointer just will not
> work.
> This usually happens, when I turn off the monitor at
> night, and turn it back on next evening.
> Other than mouse, X seems to be working fine. I can
> switch between applications using alt+tab and go to
> terminal window to get myself out of this mess.

I had this same problem.  I found that to unfreeze the mouse I would
just switch to another virtual console with ctrl-alt-f1 and then back
to X with ctrl-alt-f4 of f7 and it'd be ok.  Something about the system
going to sleep and the mouse driver getting lost.  It just disappeared
for me when I upgraded X.  I never did find out what the real problem
was.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe