Re: [TCLUG:7917] Extranet, Microsoft PPTP (VPN) and Linux IPMasquarading

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Neigebauer, Benjamin E wrote:

> Hello Group!
>
> I am going to be working from home and I think I might have a slight
> problem. I share a cable modem (full duplex in wisconsin) with six other
> people in my house. Right now I have it setup so I use Linux and IP
> Masquarading.
>
> Has anyone used MS PPTP (VPN) through a Linux box?
>
> If so, how hard was it? What pitfalls where there?
>
> I am running Redhat 5.2, 2.2.5 Kernel, Ipchains, and the glib that comes
> with Redhat 6.0

There is a patch out there that lets (at least one) a machine do a PPTP
connection through a IP Masq server.  I personally never used it, but the
IP Masq server I setup for my brothers company needed it..  I guess it
worked since they never complained after setting it up.

Check the IP-Masq howto for the IP-Masq website, it should be mentioned
there somewhere...

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com