RE: [TCLUG:7917] Extranet, Microsoft PPTP (VPN) and Linux IP Masque rading

Quoting schewe@tcfreenet.org:

> Those appear to assume that the pptp will do the dialing.  How about if
> you have say DSL and want the pptp to show up as a routable interface?
> That way I can start it up when the machine boots and send all traffic
> bound for my office through that device and let everything else go out
> through eth0.  I've heard of this being done, but never figured it out.
>  Has anyone else?

You can do this with vtun, but that isn't a pptp solution.  Search freshmeat for
pptp and i think its something that supports the userspace-netlink driver (or
something like that).  I know vtun does.  Then when you make your routes you
just specifiy the ip and the interface to throw packets at for those hosts. :)

Very cool.  Very nice.  Can be secure as all hell. :)

Makes you feel good to work at home.

---
Scott Dier - dieman@ringworld.org - 612.494.6664
destiny.ringworld.org admin - ringworld.associates member
"HP Calculators used something called 'Reverse Polish Notation.'
 You entered the two numbers and *then* you pressed the function you
 wanted"  "Ahh...Kind of like the way Yoda talks." -User Frien