Re: [TCLUG:7940] Mount points...

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> Kevin Bullock said:
> > hda6	Linux ext2	800.12	/var
<snip>
> Was there something extra that I (or, more accurately, the installer) should
> have done to make that work?  Or is there some other likely reason for my
> problems?
I've only had a hard drive big enough for multiple partitions to be worth
the effort for a few months now, so I've only installed Debian 2.0+ in
this manner. Here's the process I use: partition the hard drive according
to the info i already posted, then select Initialize a Linux Partition for
each partition. The installer then asks for a mount point after each
initialization (the defaults are, in order, /, /usr, /var, and /home). I
finish the installation, and everything boots properly. I can't fathom
what your problem was, but it sounds like your process of doing this was
valid.

--Kevin R. Bullock