Re: Sparc Linux

Quoting Bob Tanner (tanner@wizard.real-time.com):
> Trying to install RH 6.0 Sparc Linux on a Sparc5.
>
> Booting linux serial I am getting this error:
>
> PROMLIB: obio_ranges 1
> Inconsistent or unknown console

Found out this problem. I was using a linux box as a terminal screen, but had
the sun5 keyboard on the chassis, so I think linux got confused as to where to
send data.

Now, the next problem :-)

I do a linux serial and I see the familiar linux loading, then I get this:

Switching to serial console..mke2fs [normal mkfs output]

Writing inode tables: done

Then it just hangs.

The disks where Solaris, so they have be labeled.

I hit the FAQ and nothing.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700