Memory/SCSI problem booting Linux on Compaq SystemPro

I've loaded RedHat Linux 6.0 on a Compaq SystemPro, and am encountering a
conflict between the memory (83968 KB) and SCSI controller (DPT SmartCache
III configured to use the EATA-DMA driver) that's preventing me from using
all the memory.

When I boot normally, the SCSI controller is detected fine but top shows
only 16 megs of memory configured.  If I add "mem=80M" to the kernel boot
parameters, the system does not detect the SCSI controller and thus fails to
boot. I get:

scsi: 0 hosts.
scsi: detected total.

The controller comes up as follows in the EISA config:
IRQ 15
SCSI BIOS ROM Address: Enabled at C8000h
Host Bus Adapter SCSI ID: 7

I've tried adding eata_dma=0x15,0xC8000 to the boot line, but it still
doesn't detect the controller when I have the extra memory configured.

Any pointers?

--
Carl Patten
Systems Administrator