Re: [TCLUG:8008] kernel compile HOWTO

Jon Schewe wrote:

> This is kind of a HOWTO that I put together this weekend.  It's the process
> I go through to compile a kernel and get it installed.  I've never had a
> problem with using this.
>
> I've seen a lot of questions lately about getting this to work so I figured
> I'd post this.
> http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe/linux/kernel-compile.html

Cool, thanks for posting this, Jon.  I'm just gearing up to
recompile the Debian 2.1 kernel for sound support (SB AWE32).
Any advice on that?  I've done it once, a year or two ago, for
Redhat, but I can't really remember what I did.  Hmmmm, does
Debian release different precompiled versions of its kernels?
Not that it would hurt me to do it myself...

John