Re: [TCLUG:10705] Office Suites

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, ^chewie wrote:

> I also understnad Koffice is getting started.  It's touted to be another suite
> of applications for Linux.  I don't know enough details to give a good report.

     As ugly as I think KDE is, and as much as people hate
the QT license, I think KOffice is going to have a good
chance at being Linux's killer app.  It's been in the works
for awhile now and it's functionality looks better than
anything Redmond has put out.
     Another to look at is AbiWord.  It's just a
wordprocessor, but it's amazingly small compared to SO, and
pretty quick.

Scott
--
The sweet things don't stick around but the bullshit lasts forever.
 -Nicole Blackman