Office Suites

I haven't tried out a whole lot of office suites yet, but I have tried
staroffice.  I can only agree with the others who have reported that it is a
resource hog.  This is true in every sense of the word, but it is a nice
program if you've got the RAM to run it.

I have had a report that the ApplixWare software has been designed for Linux
from the ground up, however, and is much nicer on resources than the infamous
StarOffice.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm tempted.

I also understnad Koffice is getting started.  It's touted to be another suite
of applications for Linux.  I don't know enough details to give a good report.
Following this letter, I'll make a buzz to http://www.freshmeat.net and check
out the offerings.

Glen, the owner of Unique Systems, Inc. -- a Linux-centric software/hardware
distributor company, suggests ApplixWare for diskless workstations for that
reason, it's resource friendly.  Anyway...

^chewie