Re: [TCLUG:10989] ipchains and ssh

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 11:08:53PM -0600, Mike Glaser (jurupari@geocities.com) wrote:
> I have been trying to get a Coyote linux based lrp firewall/router
> going for some time now. I have a very basic system on its feet at
> this point. Now I am trying to learn about ipchains and how they are
> implemented.
>
> Q: How can I add rule to forward incoming ssh connections to a pc on
> my LAN (192.168.0.X) behind the firewall. How exactly would such a
> line be written??

You can do this if you implement port forwarding.  See the TCLUG meeting notes
on this:

http://howto.real-time.com/realtime/PortForwarding/tclugpres/

This will tell you how to do it.
--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500