Re: [TCLUG:11032] Setting up X-Windows

Dave Erickson wrote:

> Callum Lerwick wrote:
> >
> > Scott Dier - dieman wrote:

> That is what I have been doing. The XF86Setup can't seem to get the
> refresh rate correct. I can set up the mode but when it goes to test it,
> the image is small and distorted, which leads me to believe that it is
> not properly refreshing at that resolution.

Hmmm. How small/distorted? If its a stable display, try adjusting the
monitor... XF86Setup doesn't tend to match modelines with Win95 much at
all. My card doesn't have any way to adjust things in Win95, so I use
xvidtune to adjust the width and height to match with Win95.

Then of course when in DOS the card's VESA BIOS doesn't match with Win95
or provide adjustment either. Ugh...

If you're Linux only, you can just tweak the monitor. :)