Re: [TCLUG:11090] 'Static binaries' or 'Guest accounts'

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> I have essentially two options:  I can include all of the appropriate
> libraries in the /lib directory under the ftp root, or I can include a
> 'statically linked' version of ls in the /bin directory.  I have run 'ldd
> ls' and copied all of the necessary libraries to the /lib directory.
> Everything (directory and libraries) have permissions of 111.  ls doesn't
> work.  It actually functions appropriately if I execute '/usr/sbin/chroot
> <ftp root> /bin/ls' but it doesn't work if I ftp in to the server.

Remember the good old days when basic utils were statically linked? No, me
niether.

You wouldn't want to put the libs in /lib, you'd want to put them in a
place that 'ftpd' can see them from when 'chroot'ed. Guessing.

--
  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/