Re: [TCLUG:11090] 'Static binaries' or 'Guest accounts'

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> /usr/sbin/chroot <ftproot> /bin/ls
>
> and the ls command executes.  If I remove the libraries I put in
> <ftproot>/lib, the ls command does NOT execute.  So it's definitely using
> those libraries as opposed to the general system libraries.

Bah, no luck for the easy solution. :(

> As it stands right now, if I ftp into the server, the chroot executes but
> I can't actually perform an 'ls' command.  No error messages... Just no
> results.

Are all the libs and bins readable and executable by the FTP user?

I'm flailing, obviously. They don't call me Ignorant Of FTPD Boy for
nothing, you know.

--
  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/