Re: [TCLUG:11090] 'Static binaries' or 'Guest accounts'

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:

> Are all the libs and bins readable and executable by the FTP user?
>
> I'm flailing, obviously. They don't call me Ignorant Of FTPD Boy for
> nothing, you know.

Hot damn!  I was pretty darn sure the permissions were supposed to be 111
for everything in the /bin and /lib directories...  But out of complete
desperation I switched to the root of the server and ran 'chmod -R 777 *'
and it works!  Now I just need to figure out which ones I can tighten down
a bit.  Obviously, having 777 on everything is just SCREAMING for someone
to upload a root kit and wipe out poor little Mercury.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"
	-- The Matrix