Re: [TCLUG:11090] 'Static binaries' or 'Guest accounts'

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Which brings up another stupid ftpd question. How do I get damned RedHat
> to allow anonymous uploads? I've made an /incoming directory, chmod 777
> even, and it still won't allow uploads...

I haven't looked at the defaults, but the /etc/ftpaccess file has specific
actions that are allowed and not allowed based on the type of connection.

Here's the intro to the appropriate section from 'man ftpaccess':

---
upload [absolute|relative|-] <root-dir> <dirglob> <yes|no> <owner> <group>
<mode> ["dirs"|"nodirs"] [<d_mode>]

Define a directory with <dirglob> that permits or denies uploads.
---

There's a lot more in the man file about the specifics.  From what I
briefly perused, it sounds like you have to specifically allow uploads.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"
	-- The Matrix