RE: [TCLUG:11008] Invisible mouse?

<parts snipped>

> IRQ3 shows unused (no COM2 is enabled) and IRQ4 shows COM1 only.  IRQs 10,
> 14, and 15 have two entries listed each.  (10 has the video card and "IRQ
> Holder for PCI Steering, while 14 and 15 each have a pair of
> entries of the
> form "Intel 82371FB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller" and "Primary/Secondary
> IDEE Controller (dual fifo)".)

Looks normal.  Can I assume you have some other interrupts in use by the
sound card?

> I've got an I/O controller card (COM1 enabled, everything else
> disabled - and the motherboard's integrated serial and parallel
> controllers
> are disabled via BIOS config as well), Aztech Galaxy 16 sound card, and S3
> Trio 32/64 PCI video card installed.  All other slots are empty.

Because I'm paranoid, I'll ask you to verify that the jumpers on the I/O
controller card are confirmed set to have COM1 use IRQ 4.
Back in Device Manager, do you have anything showing up under "Other
Devices?"  Some motherboards require a PCI-to-ISA bridge driver for the ISA
cards to work, or you may have some other mystery device lurking there
holding onto an interrupt.

--
Carl Patten