Re: [TCLUG:11077] Ideas for an ISA NE2000 nic

Send reply to:  	tclug-list@mn-linux.org
From:           	"Allie Micka" <allie@visi.com>
To:             	<tclug-list@mn-linux.org>
Date sent:      	Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:54:42 -0600
Subject:        	Re: [TCLUG:11077] Ideas for an ISA NE2000 nic

> I had great luck with a D-Link I bought at CompUSA for ~$15.  worked with
> the ne2000 driver like a charm.  There was even an SMC (i think that's what
> it was) there that actually SAID Linux on the box, but for an extra $5 it
> wasn't worth it.
>
> Also there are heaps of $5 Etherlinks down at MPC in Eagan.  Someone posted
> it here before but everyone should know about this place.
> www.materialsprocessing.com .  It's like a candy store for old gear
> junkies -- memory, whole systems, electronic parts, MCA cards and everything
> else you could ever hope for.
>
> -Allie

Well I went out and bought the D-Kink 220PCT (I think that was the
model) before I received your post. It was the only non-3Com card
with an ISA bus at Best Buy. They work great! They were easy to
configure too.

Thanks,
Mike