RE: [TCLUG:10969] GNOME configuration questions/musings

Of course, since most people who run KDE also run KWM, and most people who
run Gnome also run the gnome-wm, it's easy to make that mistake.
I personally like GTK, but hate gnome-wm, as well as most of the
pre-packaged widgets that constitute GNOME.  What we refer to as a "Window
Manager" is both a merely our unix-head separation of components that most
press/net people don't see as separate.  Except us ex OS/2 geeks, of course.

Jer

Do you people realize that Gnome and KDE are not in the same boat as FVWM,
FVWM2, ICEWM, WindowMaker, or Enlightenment?  The latter I mentioned are
called
"window managers."  The former I mentioned are called "desktop tools."  You
need to run a "window managers" to use a "desktop tool."  So, whether you
run
FVWM or not does not really relate as to whether you run Gnome or KDE.  This
is
such a pet peeve of mine.  It seems that NOONE gets this right, even in the
press/net-articles.  *sigh*