Re: [TCLUG:11239] Appletalk

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Adam Maloney wrote:

> NT or redhat.  I would certainly not want to run redhat as a server, so
> I was able to force the install to run on slackware.  It's not open
> source, it only supports glibc under linux, not libc5

This is certainly not relevant, but what is the disadvantage of using Red
Hat as a server.  In my case, I am using Debian, so I am not partial to
Red Hat, however, the company I work for will be hopefully running their
databases on Red Hat, and I don't see any reason to push a different
distro over Redhat if that is what the vendor recommends.

> NFS clients for mac, but  1 of them was bought by Ascend, and then
> lucent - who have abandonded it.  The others have all been abandoned as
> well.  I haven't found a single one that I could actually download and
> use yet.  I was able to find a list of them, and I checked each one out
> and none of them are supported anymore.  We are all finding it very hard
> to believe that no companies are developing anything like this right
> now.  With the recent explosion in popularity for the mac (with the
> iwhack and such) there should be more demand for mac/unix connectivity.

This is probably a silly question, but doesn'tMacOS have an SMB client?
If not, how does it read files from an NT server?

-Brent