Re: [TCLUG:11328] connect to network without ethernet?

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Scott wrote:

>      Instead of picking up a $6 nic of questionable virtue
> off ebay, and having to wait an undeterminable amount of
> time, go to best buy, compusa, or hardware shop of your
> choice and get the $30 version of Linksys' EtherFast 10/100
> (LNE100TX).  It's cheap, it's PCI (no dicking with isapnp),
> the kernel comes with drivers for it, and Linksys even
> attempts to support Linux on their site.  It's what I put in
> the server this mail is coming from, was basically just a
> matter of dropping it in and inserting the module.

Why go Linksys for $30 when you can get a Netgear card for $25 (or $20
mailorder)? I have never had any trouble at all with the Netgears; just
uses the standard tulip module and stuff..

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700