Re: [TCLUG:11361] Caution: wide load

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:

> Actually, I'm looking my Debian Potato CDs in the eye. It's such a bitch
> to install, though. Sigh.

Is not!

Kevin, Andy, and I just installed a lanparty server with debian last night
over my cable at home and it was very easy to do.  So far we have full nat
going, dhcp/dhcp-dns, bind named, samba/swat, and a few deticated game
servers set up on it in less than a day.

the ipmasq package is very nice also. It figures out what your network
setup is and does all the correct rules for the non-security-inclined, or
just the lazy.. like me.

Oh, and 100baseT rules.  Really. Especially on a switch. :)

---
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | The first thing we do,
 http://www.ringworld.org   |  let's kill all the lawyers.
finger me for gnupg/pgp key |   -- Wm. Shakespere, "Henry VI"