TCLUG SourceForge/SourceXchange/CoSource-like thing

I have been bouncing the idea of a TCLUG
SourceForge/SourceXchange/CoSource-like thing off of Clay for a couple of
weeks.

What is this thing? Check out http://www.sourceforge.com/docs/site/faq.php. I
was going to set up all this stuff myself, but the nice people at VALinux have
done it for me. :-)

Anyways, the gist of the this whole thing would be an OpenSource Project for
tools to help make/improve LUG web sites. These tools could be things just for
our web site, but you never know if someone else would find them useful.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good tools already out there and they
are all OpenSource. Many of them are generic tools to solve generic problems.
But there are other tools that need to be written, like a Member finder,
Calendar of Events, Links of links, News Poster, Meeting Maker, Past
Presentation database, etc.

I am sure there are things some of you would like to see on the LUG web site
or enhancements that you would like to see/make.

So, what do you think? Anyone up for this?

Beside improving our web site, I also want to give back to the OpenSource
community in a direct fashion. Write some good code and let the community know
about it.

Let me know what you think. If there is enough interest I'll put more effort
into a "formal" proposal and we can work it from there.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700