apache question

Hi,

Another stupid newbe question.  I'm trying to do some web page
design/experimentation on my home network.  Keep in mind that my server
doesn't have any outside access.  This concerns Apache configuration.  In
the srm.conf file the DocumentRoot is set to /home/httpd/html.  I added
UserDir of /home/*/www, thinking that any web page in a directory called
/home/user/www could be accessed by http://localhost/~user.  However when I
try to load the page in my browser, I get a 403 error (forbidden).  I am
able to load the http://localhost page (the standard Apache "It worked"
page).  I am using a browser on my Win98 box across my network to try to
access the web pages.

Anyone know what I'm missing here?

Barry

Barry T. White          barry@pinenet.com