logrotate hangs

Long story, but junkbuster was creating exponentially more and more blank
logs and compressing them until I had thousands and thousands of them and
it was messing up slocate and other programs. So I turned off logging in
junkbuster and deleted /etc/logrotate.d/junkbuste and /var/log/junkbuster
(directory and files within). Now (and maybe before) when I run logrotate
/etc/logrotate.conf it hangs and uses the full cpu for over 15 minutes
(and then I kill itA). I ran it with the -d (debug) option and I get this;

reading config file /etc/logrotate.conf
including /etc/logrotate.d
reading config file apache
reading config info for /var/log/httpd/access_log
reading config info for /var/log/httpd/agent_log
reading config info for /var/log/httpd/error_log
reading config info for /var/log/httpd/referer_log
reading config file linuxconf
reading config info for /var/log/htmlaccess.log
reading config info for /var/log/netconf.log
reading config file samba
reading config info for /var/log/samba/log.nmb
reading config file syslog
reading config info for /var/log/messages
reading config info for /var/log/secure
reading config info for /var/log/maillog
reading config info for /var/log/spooler
reading config file uucp
reading config info for /var/log/uucp/Log
reading config info for /var/log/uucp/Debug
reading config info for /var/log/uucp/Stats
reading config file cron
reading config info for /var/log/cron
reading config file ftpd
reading config info for /var/log/xferlog
reading config file squid
reading config info for /var/log/squid/squid.out
reading config info for /var/log/wtmp
reading config info for /var/log/lastlog

and it hangs there, using full cpu. Any ideas why this is and how I can
fix it? This is a 486dx-66 with 24 meg ram running redhat 6.0.

Thanks,

Ben
lueyb@carleton.edu