tape backup strategies

Hi everyone,

Since someone brought up the topic of tape backups I thought I'd throw
this question out.

My server at school has a single 4.5 GB SCSI drive and a Seagate TapeStor
drive that uses 4 GB/8 GB (compressed) TR-4 tapes. I've got a copy of BRU
which seems to work just fine. What would some of you experience sys
admins recommend as a reasonable backup schedule. Presumably, I would be
making periodic full backups and daily incrementals.

How many tapes will I need, and how should I rotate them?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/