Re: [TCLUG:11644] firewall packages

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Dave Sherman wrote:

> Actually, I am not concerned with connecting to the other company's lan at all.
> In fact, if I never see it, that's fine with me. The only thing I have to do
> with them is use the block of IP address(es) they assigned to me for our use,
> and use their gateway IP. But I need to allow users connected to the internet to
> get at our website (inside the firewall), and also to be able to connect to the
> AS/400 using Client Access -- after authentication, of course.
>
> Basically, I am just pretending the other company is like an ISP -- they provide
> the T1 line and a small block of static IP addresses for me to use, and it's up
> to me to do the rest.

Hmm, not sure I understand you correctly. Do you need something other than
this? :

THEM ------ crossover cable --- YOUR LINUX ROUTER ------ YOUR HUB

And then all your workstations plugged into your hub.

And you'd be happier with 100BaseT, I'm sure.

I might be underestimating your needs...?

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com