Corel Linux video problem

	After successfully installing OpenLinux, I realized that I really
didn't know
enough about Linux to run it. <embarrassment> So I figured that I should
probably
start with the simplest distribution out there for a clueless newbie, which
is to
say Corel Linux. As mentioned by others, it does install quickly and
easily...but
apparently it's not as smart as OL2.2 when it comes to identifying the video
card
and monitor I'm using, because I egt a very weird flickering/rolling effect
in SVGA
mode. This does not appear when I'm running the XF86Setup program, just when
I get KDE going. As an additional irritant, something appears to be very
wrong
with the VGA drivers since it's impossible to type in a password when in VGA
mode.

	I have a built-in ATI Rage IIc video card with AGP acceleration and
4MB
of SDRAM, and an eView 14" monitor. Both of these worked fine under
OpenLinux.
Should I just wipe the partition and reinstall, or is there something less
drastic
I can do? The suggestion on the Corel Knowledge Base of running XF86Setup
hasn't worked for me, and I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing
wrong.

	Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin Trainor

"Well if money talks, why won't it speak to me?"
     -Jason and the Scorchers

All opinions strictly my own, not Wells Fargo's, etc. etc.