Re: [TCLUG:11596] Two-way cable

>Where are you connecting to?
        real-time.com
        I'm probably less than a mile from the CO.

>My mother-in-law lives in Buffalo and is
>able to connect at ~48K nearly every time.
        what ISP?

>Is that the connect speed with a Winbox or a Linuxbox?  Sometimes the
>driver is the only thing holding people back and not the modem or ISP at
>all.
        31.2K under windows. I have no idea how to check connection speed
under Linux. (ifconfig is not helpful; watching wvdial's log entries only
tells me that it's using V.42 (not V.90); and it sounds the same as the
handshake in windows; so i'm assuming the same speed for both OSes).

I'm also in a new development; which may have something to do with it. if
there's some local box that the signal hits before it goes to the CO;
that'll kill V.90 capability.

Carl Soderstrom.