Re: [TCLUG:11699] Messages As Attachments [was Re: [TCLUG:11633]Ipaddress timouts]

It is quite clear that Part #1 is referring to an attachment.  It is not
any kind of standard to display or not display an attachment in the body
of a message.  I think you will find the AOL client does something similar
(at least emails I get from AOL folks often has quoted messages as
attachments).  I personally prefer that to some of the other methods in a
windowing environment - except in this case.  Why must the body of a
message be sent as an attachment?  Don't you find this odd behaviour?  In
the past, signed messages have always been part of the body of the
message, signature included.  This seems most rational to me.  Can MUTT be
configured to do this?  Then everybody here would be happy, don't you
think?

Anyway, I have stated my opinion on the matter and I think further
discussion is becoming pointless, but we shall see.  Everybody can do what
they feel is the correct thing to do, but there is little point to
cluttering this list further (but I don't have to have the final word).

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com