Re: [TCLUG:3873] SCSI Adapter

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Nate Carlson wrote:

> Hmmm... according to the source code for the Adaptec driver in the kernel,
> AIC7890 cards are supported in the aic7xxx driver.. (kernel 2.0.36)
>
> <drivers/scsi/aic7xxx.c:579>
> "Adaptec AIC-7890/1 Ultra2 SCSI host adapter",        /* AIC_7890 */
>
> Is he using a modern distribution that includes (non-pre) 2.0.36?

This is like one of the problems I had on my server. The aic7xxx driver
that comes with the stock RedHat 5.2 CD is buggy. You need to get the
lastest boot floppy image and use that. Check the errata at
http://www.redhat.com/ to find out how to update the driver during the
installation. (It involves doing a 'cp' when the mouse config come up.)

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your