Re: [TCLUG:3963] new distribution

> Just my $.01.. oh, and I would personally recommend Debian over slackware,
> but hey, that's just me.

I second the idea of using something other than Slackware..  A
distribution with a packaging system that can check dependancies would
probably help you out quite a bit in regards to installing (You won't
end up with missing libraries, for instance..)

I don't know a whole lot about this particular subject, but from what
I've heard, Slackware is sticking with libc5 for the forseeable future
(not a terribly good thing, IMO..).  But, again, I'm not entirely sure
about that..
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1