RE: [TCLUG:3985] static on sound card

> I find that after installing drivers for sound cards on Windows, the
> defaults usually enable line-in and mic inputs, and they are set to levels
> that are pretty high.
>
> If you haven't already, I'd set any unused inputs to a very low level or
> off.

In wmmixer, I turned off the channel with a picture of a sin wave with a
horizontal line though it. The static is much lower (though not totally
gone). What is this channel? (wmmixer has very little documentation)
(Also, anyone know what the "o" button belove teh arrows in wmmixer are
for? Mine is shaded out)

> Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

I'd a helluva lot rather have them talking about this than the fact the fact we
are the party of the rich and that prices are high. This story is not helpful
but, to the average guy, whether the Republicans bugged the Democrats doesn't
mean a goddamned thing. It means something to intellectuals. It means something
to people who are concerned about repression and credibility and all that
bullshit. But the average guy is chewing his pretzel."
      -- Richard Nixon about Watergate.