I was wrong -- still have problems

I was wrong. I still have sound problems: Changing that volume control let
me play wav's via the play command, but x11amp doesn't work (device in
use), nor does /usr/sbin/sndconfig play a sound. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Modern computerized word processing enables us, both as individuals and as a
cohesive societal entity, to exponentially enhance and aggrandize the
parameters, both qualitative and quantitative, not to mention paradigmatic, of
out communicative conceptualizations because now we can spell great big words
correctly without having a clue what they mean.  -- Dave Barry