symbol font in X

Greetings:

What's the proper way to access other fonts from within X? Specifically,
I've been creating some circuit diagrams with xfig, and I'd like to label
some resistors using the greek letter omega to represent ohms. Is there a
standard symbol font that I can access somehow?

I must say one of my consistent disappointments with X is the confusing
way that fonts are handled. I have to give the nod to Windows on that
point. :-(

Later,
Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your