Re: [TCLUG:4063] More libs problems (libdb.so.3)

Sometimes I just copy the old/new library over to the missing one
and rename it. Some programs seem to be happy with it and yet others
still complain and crash on me.

The problem I find with building libraries is that I cannot get the
RPM database in sync (I am sure there is a way.) and also when I
upgrade I usually have to build everything again. It is discomforting
to have to make and install about 20 other libraries just to
get a the latest tools to function properly, and then again with
some libraries it is impossible to get backward compatibilty.

But usually things compile pretty smoothly.

Does anybody know of any user friendly tools to be
use autoconf/automake/gettext without having to know
so many details ?

Thanks,
sandipan