Re: [TCLUG:4133] Soundcard IRQ Problem

> I bought a new soundcard (a Soundblaster PCI128) the other day and tried to
> install it.  When I booted the BIOS and Linux both seemed to recognize that
> there was something there though I don't know how to tell *what* they
> recognized.  After booting neither my soundcard nor my modem nor my NIC worked.

/proc/pci should tell you some information about the card (since it's
PCI..)  IRQs, IO addresses, and even if there's memory on the card..

Is this one of the SoundBlaster Live cards?  I've heard that they don't
work (although they probably will, since Creative hired someone to write
Linux drivers..)
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1