Re: [TCLUG:4161] Another problem nixed (OSS?)

Yeah, OSS has all the features of the kernel drivers, plus full-duplex
support on some cards. It also supports a bunch of other stuff most people
will probably never use. OSS is fully compatible with the kernel drivers;
if something works with them, they will work with OSS (especially now
considering 2.2 uses OSS/Free as it's sound drivers). IMHO, the best
advantage is the installation (easy for anyone, autodetection, etc); and
the biggest disadvantage is the fact that it isn't free/open-source ($29..
not bad at all). Just my $.02

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop