Re: [TCLUG:4230] Modem Connection

All right, this is eerie. You are having the exact same problem with your
dial up that I had.....

I'll tell you what I did. I used Minicom to connect to my ISP as a way
of debugging my connection, it turned out that I wasn't giving my modem
enough time to connect...for some reason my modem need more than the 45
default seconds the chat script gives you. I'm not saying that's whats wrong
with your connection, but Minicom is a good place to start looking.

Another place to look is in /var/log/messages. Be sure that you have the
"debug modem connection" option toggled in Net Config then as your modem
is dialing watch to see what messages chat and pppd send to that file.

That oughta get you started.

Joe
penguin@acm.cs.umn.edu

"You get me that 32" double-headed dildo, and I'm gonna kick your ass!"
						- unattributed