Wacky X stuff..

Digging through various things on the Internet, I came across a few
references to X11R6.4, which confused me.  I know that XFree86 is
supposed to be at the X11R6.3 level, specifically XFree86-3.3.3.1 (too
many 3's IMO ;-)

Anyway, I wandered over to ftp.x.org (the X Consortium or something?),
and found a 'R6.4' directory..  I'm wondering -- is that a reference
implementation, a beta version, or what?

I'm not versed in the rules about how X gets created and released, and
was wondering if anyone on the list had any input..

Regardless, I'm not sure if I want to download the beast (Compiling X is
not my idea of fun.. ;-)
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1