Re: [TCLUG:4260] InstallFest - March 6th

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 05:43:35PM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> 1. Is there anything I can download for you and put on my ftp server?
> Some large programs (StarOffice comes to mind) seem to download slowly
> even over a T1. I'll try to mirror the latest KDE and Gnome packages.

SuSE 6.0 would be great, but I'll be bringing some CDs of it, so it may be
easier to just copy the four CDs to a HD somewhere instead.

> 2. Do we need to have food available? Perhaps we could do a mass order
> from Papa John's or something.

It *would* be nice, since in the past, no one ever remembered to order
anything...

> 3. What can I set up that would make it easier for everyone? Any ideas?

I could bring my Token Ring hub, and set up my box as a router, so that
anyone with a TR interface could still connect.  I don't know how hard
this would be, however...

Set up an LPR print queue that everyone can print to (i.e. add all IPs
to the hosts.lpd file) to make things easier if people need hardcopy.

I might be able to bring a switchbox for connecting multiple CPUs to one
monitor and KB, and I'm only going to use two of the four ports.  I
don't know if this would be useful for anyone else or not...

How many monitors will you have available?  It'd really make things
easier if I could leave mine at home.  (I'm assuming the monitors you
have are standard SVGA...)

	Later,
	David

--