RE: [TCLUG:4327] Hello

#1: pico, vi, and emacs are all good editors (pico being the least usefull)
the fact that they have different keyboard shortcuts does not make them any
less usefull.. check out xemacs.. it's a little easier to use, and ANY
keystroke can be remaped to whatever you need.. (but it's far more usefull to
learn the existing setup)  the reason that these editors are there, and don't
try and emulate other editors is because they try and strive to be better, or
serv different uses.  I personaly switch between vi and xemacs all the time.

#2: if you are using redhat 5.1, and the default source that comes with that
distro, you may have a slightly older sound setup. you may have missed an
option.  the easiest thing to do is download the latest kernel source from
ftp.us.kernel.org. (you may want to use 2.0.x at this point in your experience)

#3: check out the ip_masq home page.. and the squid home page.  I don't have
URL's memorized.. a little bit of surfing should bring them up

#4: check out the a recent issue of the linux journal.. it has a large article
on realtime processing for linux.

other suggestions.. get a redhat 5.2 CD from www.cheapbytes.com for $2