Re: [TCLUG:6906] new 56k modem

> Can someone recommend a new 56k internal modem?  I'm running
> rh 6.  I've got a winmodem <shudder> on my desktop and I need to
> replace it (burn it, that is)

Do you really want an internal modem for some reason?

With the amount of time most Linux users spend using their modems, I
always
recommend biting the bullet and getting a USR Courier V.90 External.

I use that in conjuction with a Hayes ESP serial card and it flys.  Be
sure
to configure it appropriately for your level of line noise.

Jer