Re: [TCLUG:6906] new 56k modem

I recommend the US Robotics Sportster.  They're faster and more consistent
than any of those Rockwell chipset-based modems.

This article http://boardwatch.internet.com/mag/98/mar/bwm24.html , is
dated.  But it describes tests that boardwatch conducted using several
different modems.  Seems that the Rockwell chips (at least last year's
crop) are pretty flaky compared to the USR modems.