Re: [TCLUG:6940] Help needed to set up an NTP server

ntp defaults to use udp on port 123. I added the below line to my
firewall to allow ntpdate to work. If you can get the admin of the
firewall you allow the ip of the linux box receive  udp on more 123 that
would be the easiest. Otherwise, maybe you can get the firewall computer
to do a time sync and you can sync with it.

/sbin/ipchains -A input -p udp -j ACCEPT -d $YOURIP  123

Good Luck,

Ben