Re: [TCLUG:7019] Speaking of the GNOME Demo...

I can't agree with you more, Joel. Throughout the presentation, my
friend was tapping me on the shoulder, saying, "... are they going to
get to the part about fixing the thread library?"

I understand that the criticism of Unix in general and Linux in
particular (no doubt because of its popularity) is that it isn't user
friendly [read: GUI intensive, with a familiar "taskbar," etc.] And I
understand RedHat's need to fix that perception. But if the cost of that
is the alienation of the core evangelists, they will have a hard time
with their clear goal of getting the majority to adopt their software.
</$0.02>

Then again, a free T-shirt is a free T-shirt.

--

Nothing convinces me that computing is an art so much as a bad install.

David Guy Brizan          brizan@freenet.msp.mn.us          612-814-8223