Re: [TCLUG:7019] Speaking of the GNOME Demo...

> > In short: I think it's great that RedHat came to the Cities, and it certainly
> > didn't do any harm--publicizing Linux is a good thing. But I was a bit
> > underwhelmed and felt like I was hearing lots of stuff I already knew. On the
> > other hand, I got a free T-shirt. :)

It wasn't even that good of a T-shirt, though.

Overall, I was distinctly unimpressed, as I have been become with Redhat
overall.

If a company out there wants to become the "consumer" Linux, by all
means I hope they succeed.

Only one software company tries to be all things to all people, and
although they are quite rich, they also make mostly crap.

jer

A man of genius makes no mistakes.
His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.
                -- James Joyce, "Ulysses"